Since the release of FENTY Beauty in 2017, RiRi has been the talk of the makeup community. From the wide range of foundation shades, to the glamorous highlighters and blush compacts, Rihanna’s line is groundbreaking. Time Magazine labeled FENTY Beauty as one of the “Top 25 innovations of 2017.”
The eyeshadow look above was created using the limited edition FENTY Galaxy palette. When I received my palette, the first thing that caught my eye was the sleek iridescent packaging. The quality of the casing alone gave me high hopes for the actual product inside. The interior of the palette revealed 14 shimmering shades, some with hyper-reflective pigments.
It was difficult for me to create a complete eyeshadow look simply using the sheer glitter-based shades in this palette. If a shadow is sheer, we might need to use a base shade for the full pigmentation of the glitter to pop. Here’s how I completed the look seen in the photo above:
For this look, I paired Rihanna’s Galaxy palette with Kat Von D’s MetalMatte palette.
- I went in with a light purple shade (Silk) from the MetalMatte palette to use as my base.
- Then I used a more deep purple shade (Velvet) from the MetalMatte palette to smoke out the outer corners of my eye, and to add dimension to my lid.
- Next I used Ultraviolit from the Galaxy palette on the inner portion of my lid.
- And for my last shadow color, I used Jupiter Sand on the outer corners of my eye.
- To add a bit more drama to the look, I used NYX Matte liquid eyeliner in black to create the perfect cat eye.
- To finish off the eyes, I threw on a pair of my favorite Ardell wispy lashes.
- For my foundation I used Two Faced Born This Way foundation in the color Chestnut.
- To added a little sparkle to my cheek bones and the tip of my nose I used Mac’s Gold Deposit highlighter for the perfect golden touch.
- To tie the look together I did a bold lip using MultiCultiGirl’s Liquid Matte Lip in the shade Black Cherry. A matte lip is a great way to tie any look together, and at MultiCultiGirl we have so many amazing shades to try.
Ultimately, I did appreciate the pigmentation and quality of the FENTY Beauty Galaxy Palette. As a woman of color, I often find that colorful palettes like Ri’s tend to lack enough pigmentation to appear vibrant on dark skin. Thankfully this was not the case with the Galaxy Palette. Although I do wish RiRi would have included a section of matte shades within the palette to pair with her high definition shimmers. Overall, I think this product is fabulous as an accessory to a makeup guru’s eyeshadow collection.
When asked about the type of product the Galaxy Palette was supposed to be Ri stated “It’s glitter on glitter on glitter. That’s what The Galaxy Collection is all about, no exception” and she surely stuck to her word.